Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday Quick Tip

     Since summer has rolled around, and my mornings are getting warmer, I have taken to making smooties in the morning for breakfast. Recently, I have read several posts, on various nutrition blogs, that include spinach in their recipes. Now, I know what you are thinking, spinach does not belong in a smoothie. I was thinking the samething, untill I tried it. The spinach simply blends in to the smoothie, adding no flavor. Since the initial experiment I have been adding more and more, and still no taste! If you are looking to add veggies to your diet, and you should be, this is a quick and easy way to get them in! Currently I am using a large handful, maybe 1.5 to 2 cups., and see no flavor change. Currently, this is my favorite recipe.

Berry Smoothie:
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
1 scoop vanilla whey powder
large handful of spinach
1 tsp coconut oil
Add water to liquify
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment