Friday, March 18, 2011

Opening Day! (for my blog)

Ok so I am new to blogging and as such, this is my first day and first blog. I'll start with a little bit about myself. I am a 23 year old personal trainer living in Columbus, Ohio. My goals for this blog are to share my knowledge of training and track my adventures in learning the trade and becoming (hopefully) a better and more successful trainer. Its easy to be optimistic about this as it's currently 430am. I'm sure my mood will change as I gain more clients and get less sleep. For now though I am excited and Ambitious.
So now for the training stuff. I am a no non-sense kind of trainer. I am not going to get on here and recommend  all kinds of "muscle-exploding!" supplements. Frankly, I don't want my muscles to "explode." Thant sounds painful. I do want my clients to be successful in becoming fit, healthy, and happy. The two main aspects of this are nutrition, and exercise. Today we are starting off with nutrition. If you want to see results, a diet high in complex carbs, and lean protein is just the ticket. Some of my clients find it hard to get all the protein they need in a day. One way to add protein to your diet is some good ol' natural peanut butter. Now my clients all ask me what is the best natural peanut butter brand? My reply as a recently graduated college student is that (spoiler alert) the best ones use only peanuts, so buy a bag and throw them in the food processor for a few minutes. tastes great, and depending on how cheap you can get the peanuts is very cost effective.
So as it is now 5am I have to go get ready to train, but I hope you have enjoyed this blog and I look forward to writing much more in the future!

I feel like I should have a tag line here, but I can only think of meat-head slogans like "Live Hard, Train Hard," What does that even mean "Live Hard?"

No comments:

Post a Comment